wwarren
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 41 of 71

Re: VSE 8.8 Patch 4 - coming soon...

ratlsnake wrote:

wwarren,

I realise it's only just after the New Year, but currently does it appear Patch 4 will meet the dates provided above?

Yes it does.

William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee
anori0101
Level 7
Message 42 of 71

Hello wwarren,

Could you tell me if the patch has been released for VSE 8.8 and if not when the expected release date would be?

Thanks,

Arun

wwarren
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 43 of 71

anori0101 wrote:

Hello wwarren,

Could you tell me if the patch has been released for VSE 8.8 and if not when the expected release date would be?

Thanks,

Arun

Yes, it's currently in the managed release phase.

The target date for general availability is Feb 24, but it could post sooner. Anyone signed up for SNS notification would be notified when it's posted.

William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee
rooneyrik
Level 7
Message 44 of 71

How can one be part of the managed release phase to help test?  Is that possible?

Thanks

Rick

brentil
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 45 of 71

rooneyrik wrote:

How can one be part of the managed release phase to help test?  Is that possible?

Thanks

Rick

The short answer is you have to have Platinum support to gain access to managed releases.  Gold support gains access when it goes to general availability.

ratlsnake
Level 7
Message 46 of 71

From my experience, even Gold support can get access to it now. You simply need to engage your account manager to escalate the situation. The situation being such late support for two operating systems.

PhilR
Level 12
Message 47 of 71

There is something very broken about the whole process.

Most of us put up with the 'minor' niggles with the current version (DAT files not updating on some boxes, DAT / Engine versions 0.0000 being reported) in the hope that because there's a KB article or two saying they'll be fixed in Patch 4 all we have to do is wait.

But McAfee needs to open up to anyone who is prepared to be an early adopter so bugs are found before full official release.

Otherwise we may find that the bugs we put up with won't be fixed until the following release.

Phil

brentil
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 48 of 71

ratlsnake wrote:

From my experience, even Gold support can get access to it now. You simply need to engage your account manager to escalate the situation. The situation being such late support for two operating systems.

I tried that, no joy.

PhilR wrote:

There is something very broken about the whole process.

Most of us put up with the 'minor' niggles with the current version (DAT files not updating on some boxes, DAT / Engine versions 0.0000 being reported) in the hope that because there's a KB article or two saying they'll be fixed in Patch 4 all we have to do is wait.

But McAfee needs to open up to anyone who is prepared to be an early adopter so bugs are found before full official release.

Otherwise we may find that the bugs we put up with won't be fixed until the following release.

Phil

I really wish there was a better beta access program for those of us with paid support.

ratlsnake
Level 7
Message 49 of 71

brentil wrote:

I tried that, no joy.

Really? Wow. I'd threaten to leave them, see what that does. As one of my Gold Support customers told McAfee if they could not commit to when 8.1 support would be out AND provide it to them at the same time as Platinum customers, they'd find a vendor who already could.

MStrauser
Level 7
Message 50 of 71

To get your systems back operational, download the XDATpackage from http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security-updates/security-updates.aspxand apply it to the affected systems.  This can be done manually or viaePO.  A report can be ran to filter systems reporting the 0.0000 DAT.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community