wwarren
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 41 of 63

Re: VSE 8.8 Patch 2

Jump to solution

brentil wrote:

As W8 has RTM yesterday and availability to us will be Aug 15th for MSDN and then Aug 16th for Volume Licensing can we request access to the Patch 2 via a support ticket to begin evaluation testing both software systems?

Patch 2 is not the official release for supporting Windows 8; that will be Patch 3.

You can use Patch 2 on Windows 8 once the patch is released and posted to the web, and until Patch 3 is available. However the patch would not be provided during the managed release phase for a Windows 8 testing request alone.

William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee
brentil
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 42 of 63

Jump to solution

I know there is the W8 specific only Patch 2 that I'm using on my W8 Preview test machines but I don't think that will really be a production level option.  What is McAfee's stance on what I should do in terms of MA, VSE, & HIPS version # wise to be supported on W8 out the door, or is this a wait for new versions scenario?

harris_s
Level 9
Message 43 of 63

Jump to solution

Sorry if I'm missing something, have got SNS email making me aware of new patch, when I got to the software downloads tab there is VSE880LMLRP2.Zip (37MB) and then under the patches tab there is VSE880P2.Zip (17MB). Am currently using 8.8 Patch 1 so do I have to apply both files or just the patch?

Hope you can help,

Regards.

Message was edited by: harris_s on 07/09/12 09:45:08 IST
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 44 of 63

Jump to solution

harris_s wrote:

Sorry if I'm missing something, have got SNS email making me aware of new patch, when I got to the software downloads tab there is VSE880LMLRP2.Zip (37MB) and then under the patches tab there is VSE880P2.Zip (17MB). Am currently using 8.8 Patch 1 so do I have to apply both files or just the patch?

Hope you can help,

Regards.

RP stands for Repost - This is the full install with the integrated patch, so you would use this for fresh installs where there is no VSE.

The VSE880P2 file is just the patch - so can be installed on any system  with VSE 8.8 pre Patch2 .

Hope that helps.

Message was edited by: mjmurra on 7/09/12 6:48:38 PM
twigsirl
Level 7
Message 45 of 63

Jump to solution

Hi,

does anyone know if Patch 2 contains the recent fix for the DAT 6807/6808 issue, that was addressed in patches 793640 and 793781? I presume it doesn't but just wanted clarification. If you have VSE 8.8 with Patch 1, but not either of those two recent patches, will going to Patch 2 cover you or do you still need to load one of those patches?

Thanks.

brentil
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 46 of 63

Jump to solution

twigsirl wrote:

Hi,

does anyone know if Patch 2 contains the recent fix for the DAT 6807/6808 issue, that was addressed in patches 793640 and 793781? I presume it doesn't but just wanted clarification. If you have VSE 8.8 with Patch 1, but not either of those two recent patches, will going to Patch 2 cover you or do you still need to load one of those patches?

Thanks.

This comes from the FAQ for the hotfix.

Do either of the hotfixes overwrite any existing hotfixes for VirusScan Enterprise?
No. This is a targeted hotfix that affects only the DAT and ensures that trust is restored to the core VirusScan Enterprise components on the affected systems. This is not a code modification hotfix and will not affect any other hotfixes or patches.

Additionally I have the Patch 2 beta on some Win8 machines and the hotfix deployed to them succesfully.

brentil
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 47 of 63

Jump to solution

harris_s wrote:

Hope you can help,

Regards.

You will want to check in both files.  The Patch 2 file by itself will allow your users to upgrade to Patch 2 from Patch 1 and the RP file will allow new machines brought into ePO to have the VSE 8.8 P2 version installed in one installer instead of doing it in stages.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 48 of 63

Jump to solution

Please go through the release notes:

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/23000/PD23934/en_US/...

I think DAT 6807 and 6808 issues were addressed only in HOTFIXES 793640 and 793781.

norbertg
Level 12
Message 49 of 63

Jump to solution

Anyone else having problems deploying 8.8.0.975 via EPO (4.5)?

I've checked in 975 as the current branch but it has only updated 3 PC's. I've tried creating product deployment task, it said it update the product however the version number hasn't changed nor has the files as per the readme.

brentil
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 50 of 63

Jump to solution

Norbert Gregoczki wrote:

Anyone else having problems deploying 8.8.0.975 via EPO (4.5)?

I've checked in 975 as the current branch but it has only updated 3 PC's. I've tried creating product deployment task, it said it update the product however the version number hasn't changed nor has the files as per the readme.

I've looked over several machines that have gotten the patch and they all show DLLs updated in the Folder structure with dates from mid Aug and they show the 8.0.0.975 version # on their details.

You can't deploy a "patch" via a deployment task, that would be if you were trying to push out the "repost" version of VSE with P2 integrated into it.  You need to either have a global update policy or a "Product Update" task instead of a Product Deployment task.  To do that you must have the Patch 2 installer checked in as well and then have the Product Update task set to update "VSE 8.8.0" within it.

Also make sure you're running at least McAfee Agent 4.5.0.1810 as it is the minimum supported version for this patch deployment.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community