cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: VSE 8.8 Patch 2

Jump to solution

Actually... yes you did it

was only wondering about patch2, because KB75779 states, that patch3 should be released in Q4 2012, and this timeframe is very short, too...

Nachricht geändert durch online83 on 23.08.12 22:10:58 MESZ
Reliable Contributor brentil
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 22 of 63

Jump to solution

online83 wrote:

was only wondering about patch2, because KB75779 states, that patch3 should be released in Q4 2012, and this timeframe is very short, too...

I put a support ticket in to get the release date information for Win8 support for both HIPS & VSE and I was informed both would be in their respective Patch 3s would add this support and both were tracking for Q1 2013 at this time.

Jump to solution

brentil schrieb:

online83 wrote:

I put a support ticket in to get the release date information for Win8 support for both HIPS & VSE and I was informed both would be in their respective Patch 3s would add this support and both were tracking for Q1 2013 at this time.

Q1 2013.... funny 😃

please see KB75462

=>

This code change will be included in VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Patch 3, which is expected to be available by October 31, 2012.

<=

Reliable Contributor
Message 24 of 63

Jump to solution

online83 wrote:

Q1 2013.... funny =)

please see KB75462

=>

This code change will be included in VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Patch 3, which is expected to be available by October 31, 2012.

<=

That tech doc was last updated in June as well which does not reflect any of the reported changes in time frames we've seen for Patch 2 or the following Patch 3.  Additionally the release date given does not state if it is RTS or RTW and unless you have Platinum support you will not get the RTS version.  As we've seen the time frame between RTS and RTW can be months even if nothing goes wrong.  So I personally am highly inclined to believe Q1 2013 for RTW availability as reported by support instead of an out dated KB article. 

Jump to solution

of course, the KB was already posted some days ago....

then please have a look at this => KB65944 (posted one day ago!!)

but I suppose the mentioned date is RTS....

DatePatch
Aug, 2012VSE 8.8 Patch 2 (end of month)
Nov, 2012VSE 8.8 Patch 3 (first half of month)
Reliable Contributor
Message 26 of 63

Jump to solution

Yeah, exactly that is realistically the RTS date which is only useful if you have Platinum support.  Otherwise the rest of us have to wait for RTW which would easily put it into Q1 of 2013.  That's also if Patch 2 rolls out successfully and Patch 3 development goes well.  If you look right above the Patch 3 information it says Patch 2 was supposed to be released the end of August but I don't see any Patch 2 available for download anywhere for RTW. 

So realistically Q1 of 2013 for Patch 3 meaning no Windows 8 support until then which is what I had contacted support to get an answer about.  The same for HIPS as well according to support.

D-Fens
Level 7
Message 27 of 63

Jump to solution

quo vadis McAfee?

- no support for Win8 when it's RTW - for big companies there is no need to switch - but students will buy PCs with Win8 preinstalled

- engine 5500 skipped. okay, nobody knows the improvements.

- DAT 6707/6708 issue

- DAT Detection and Installation Scripts Updates Rescheduled to Q4 2012

- remaining DAT-update issues on low-end systems

- annoying patch downloads. why do I need a password?

and why there's no virus-submission-form anymore?

- slow detection updates, in comparison to lets say kaspersky.

what is really good:

-ePo

maur0
Level 7
Message 28 of 63

Jump to solution

what link do download patch 2 final?

Reliable Contributor
Message 29 of 63

Jump to solution

maur0 wrote:

what link do download patch 2 final?

There is no link because it hasn't RTW (Release To World) yet.  There might be a RTS (Release To Support) version but as I don't have Platinum I don't know if there is or not.

Once it is released it'll be in the same place all downloaded patches are behind a Grant login area.

http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads/downloads.aspx

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Looks like it went to RTS today:

https://mysupport.mcafee.com/Eservice/Article.aspx?id=KB74569

Release notes:

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/CORP_KNOWLEDGEBASE/74000/KB74569/en_US/VSE...

Patch will include new extension (208).

Now we have to wait for RTW.... and then repost

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community