cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

VSE 8.8 Patch 13 keeps waking Windows 10

Jump to solution

Since I installed Patch 13 for VSE 8.8 the PC will wake from sleep within a minute.  I have tested this in both Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 and in 1903.  If I remove McAfee the problem goes away. 

Using powercfg -lastwake (at command prompt) I can see that shstat.exe is waking the PC and using powercfg -waketimers I can see that shstat.exe is scheduling then next wake event.

This behavior is new with patch 13.  Either it is a massive bug or there is some easy way to turn it off that I'm just not seeing.  If this isn't fixed soon I'll be removing McAfee from all my lab PCs.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 6

Re: VSE 8.8 Patch 13 keeps waking Windows 10

Jump to solution

@About2Uninstall 

Yes, @ninov_n's assessment is correct. My marking the direction of moving to open a service request as the solution does not indicate that your issue is resolved, but that it is the best, next appropriate action for being able to move forward to get your solution. 

Unfortunately, this type of issue/request will require detailed data analysis that is not able to be shared on the community forums in an effective (nor secure) manner. 

Please reach out to Technical Support and they would be more than happy to be of assistance. Once a solution is found, you can return to this forum, share that information, and then change the solution to that information. Part of marking solutions on the forums is to benefit others that may look in on these topics with similar issues, so they can be best directed as quickly as possible to the best action that will get them to what they need. For now, in this case, that would be opening an SR. And yes, as ninov_n has pointed out, it is possible to have multiple items on a single post to be marked as solution.

I hope that alleviates some confusion and concern regarding how this has been marked 🙂 

5 Replies

Jump to solution

Further testing show that the constant waking only  happens when a user is logged on.  If the PC is logged out it will stay asleep (again this issue is new to patch 13).

Reliable Contributor ninov_n
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution
Hello, I would advise to collect a MER log from both machines and raise it directly with McAfee to confirm if it is designed behavior or a bug: https://support.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/supportportal/pages_home
In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Nino

Jump to solution

Not solved at all!

Only the OP should be able to 'Accept' a solution. 

I have 500 PCs running VSE.  Unless there is an actual fix for this soon I will re uninstalling McAfee altogether.

Reliable Contributor ninov_n
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution
@About2Uninstall, A question/article could have multiple solutions but I understand your frustration. Since it is McAfee community forum, McAfee employee members have an option to set solutions for other member's articles. No one said it is resolved just by itself but we advise you to submit it as a SR ticket with McAfee engineering team for further investigation if this is a bug or not. As far as I am aware, it is not a designed behavior but McAfee engineers would provide you additional details about it.
In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Nino
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

@About2Uninstall 

Yes, @ninov_n's assessment is correct. My marking the direction of moving to open a service request as the solution does not indicate that your issue is resolved, but that it is the best, next appropriate action for being able to move forward to get your solution. 

Unfortunately, this type of issue/request will require detailed data analysis that is not able to be shared on the community forums in an effective (nor secure) manner. 

Please reach out to Technical Support and they would be more than happy to be of assistance. Once a solution is found, you can return to this forum, share that information, and then change the solution to that information. Part of marking solutions on the forums is to benefit others that may look in on these topics with similar issues, so they can be best directed as quickly as possible to the best action that will get them to what they need. For now, in this case, that would be opening an SR. And yes, as ninov_n has pointed out, it is possible to have multiple items on a single post to be marked as solution.

I hope that alleviates some confusion and concern regarding how this has been marked 🙂 

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community