cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSE 8.8 P13 having ScriptScan tab appearing when it is not installed

When pushing VSE 8.8 P13 from ePO to devices, the command line argument "ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=ScriptScan /q" was included to remove ScriptScan.

It seem that on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, this does not have any effect as the ScriptScan tab is appearing under On-Access scan property. But on Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016, the tab is not appearing.

ePO: 5.10
VSE: 8.8 P13
Agent: 5.6.1

6 Replies
McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: VSE 8.8 P13 having ScriptScan tab appearing when it is not installed

Hi @Swenson 

Thanks for the post. Apologies for the delay, Just noticed this. Quite an interesting one though! I am working to have this replicated. Your syntax has no error and obviously works well with Windows 10 and Server 2016.

May I know if you have tried the same step on another Windows 7 machine running an older version of VSE? Can you upload the installation logs folder in zipped format form "C:\Windows\Temp\McAfee Logs\" ?

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

Hi @AdithyanT,

When I revert back to VSE 8.8 P10, the command work for Windows 7 and WIndows Server 2008 R2.

McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Hi @Swenson 

It does sound strange! Can you confirm that while running the stand alone installer, you get the options to modify the components (custom install) and remove script scanning component run?

I would also recommend creating a support ticket - should help in better investigation of the issue over remote.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

I tried running the command SetupVSE.exe ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=ScriptScan /q on a windows 7 Version 6.1.7601 Service pack 1 Build 7601 and it works fine. I did not find the script Scan Tab after the installation completed

McAfee Agent 5.6.2.209
VSE 8.8 Patch 13

Could you please verify if the build of the OS.
Can you try installing McAfee Agent 5.6.2.209 

Was my reply helpful?

Hi,

Thank you for your support for the finding.

After further checking, the win 7 and win server 2008 r2 was created from image which included old version of agent and VSE 8.8 P8. 

They use ePO to upgrade it but some registry key entry was not fully removed when deploying VSE 8.8 P13.

After manually removing the leftover registry keys, deployed VSE from ePO work as expected without the ScriptScan.

In this case, is there any mcafee tool that can be used for full removal of agent and VSE?

McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Hi @Swenson 

Thank you for your post. Excellent work in finding out the root cause.

To answer your question on a removal tool from McAfee, Yes we do have. It is the McAfee Endpoint Product Removal Tool. Here are more details on the tool.

This tool is available for download directly from your Product Download Site. We sincerely hope we are helpful here!

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community