Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nasser
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 13

VSE 8.8 On Access Scanner get disabled frequently

Hi all,

We just started VSE 8.8 testing in our environment (epo 4.5 P3, MA 4.5 P1, Windows 7). In epo, we created a task to uninstall VSE & Antispyware 8.7 and install VSE 8.8. task

completed,VSE 8.8 installed, and machine rebooted. However, after reboot, we noticed that VSE 8.8 On Access Scanner is disables and when manually enable it, get disabled after some time automatically.

Anybody experience this issue. What is the possible reasons?

12 Replies
smalldog
Level 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: VSE 8.8 On Access Scanner get disabled frequently

the same problems, don't knows how to fix

nasser
Level 7
Message 3 of 13

Hi,

I solved. In fact it's a configuration issue. go to policy > Virus Scan 8.8 > On Access General Policy >

ensure below are checked:

smalldog
Level 12
Message 4 of 13

Thanks I forgot it

I have both enabled and still have the problem

same here. i dont think mcafee has acknowledged this as a problem.

wwarren
Level 15
Message 7 of 13

greatscott wrote:

same here. i dont think mcafee has acknowledged this as a problem.

You should examine the Application Event log.

Any event where Source=McLogEvent and EventID > 5000 is indicative of a problem.

William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee

Just a more recent update. This issue is still going on with VSE 8.8. There are no eventIDs over 5000 in the event log. We are finding that doing a full update ("update now") then setting the mcshield service to Automatic seems to work. There are no indications why mcshield seemingly spontaneously gets set to disabled

djpenn
Level 7
Message 9 of 13

I don't see an "I always thought this particular issue was due to a corrupt DAT file installation. So to fix it I've been going to www.mcafee.com > For Enterprise > hover over Support menu at top > Security Updates > download the SuperDAT.exe (now called yyyyxdat.exe where yyyy is the version; e.g., 8073). Others reboot and it's re-enabled. But it's a total PITA either way.

Hey Intel:  Signature-based protection is a thing of the past. Get your heuristics up to snuff!

we raised this with McAfee at a user forum meeting an most people in the room have this issue and McAfee were aware of issues and said to raise support tickets and they would look into it we have 4-5 a day out of 2500 clients doing this