Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wudevr
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

VSE 8.8.0.1982 High CPU Freezing Windows 10 Systems

McAfee is causing our Windows 10 systems to completely freeze for about 10 seconds, multiple times during the work day. It appears to be the On-Access Scanner. Can I lower the priority, etc to prevent the this from happening? Any suggestions are appreciated. 

3 Replies
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: VSE 8.8.0.1982 High CPU Freezing Windows 10 Systems

@wudevr It is possible that there is an application or process that is getting scanned in excess to cause a performance impact and you simply need to implement a stratgic exclusion in order to reduce impact. 

You can first implement the ZZZ test to confirm if the issue can be resolved by exclusions. Instructions for this can be found in KB89354

You can determine what may be getting scanned too much and is contributing to this behavior by running the McAfee Profiler tool while the issue is reproduced. Then reviewing the results and implementing exclusions based on that. For more information regarding this, you can review KB69683

More information about this overall process and scanning profiles see KB88595

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 4

To add to this you may want to check that you aren't running on ODS task at that time?

To check - open the ENS console - open settings - go to ENS Common - Enable advanced and at the bottom of the page you see "Tasks". Any running on demand scan tasks will be seen here.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
Reliable Contributor tao
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Confirm that your VSE version is within the compatibility range:
Windows 10 compatibility with McAfee products
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB85784

Confirm VSE Microsoft Windows exclusions (towards the bottom "W"):
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/953.microsoft-anti-virus-exclusion-list....

If this information was helpful or has answered your question, please select Accept as Solution. This will assist other memebers
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support
  • The McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in is now available in the Software Manager. Follow the instructions in the Product Guide for more.