cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

VSE 8.8.0.1247 Patch4 Causing IIS issues

Hi I am using Epo 4.6.6 (build 176) I pushed out the new version of VSE and I notice it is killing IIS service on my webservers.  I am using Mcafee agent 4.8 1500.  There is nothing in the logs, looked on the client and server nothing.  I am curious if anyone else is having these issues?

Thank you

6 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: VSE 8.8.0.1247 Patch4 Causing IIS issues

Don't forget to check our KB for any "Known Issues" of the patch you're using.

For Patch 4, it's KB78495.

It's possible you're encountering this one:  

Issue: W3WP.exe process on web servers may exhibit high CPU after installing VSE 8.8 Patch 4.
            Resolution: A hotfix is required to solve this symptom, which is not currently available. This article will be updated as newer information becomes available.
            Workaround: Use the McAfee Profiler to identify which files are being accessed and any (.config) file(s) should be excluded.
William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee
Highlighted

We saw the same problem with several web apps after deploying patch 4. There were numerous ASP.NET errors logged on process w3wp.exe, and these web apps kept crashing.

These errors seem to have been resolved by adding w3wp.exe to the On-Access Low-Risk Processes policy in ePO.

Highlighted

Thanks I am going to try that out and see if it resolves that issue.

Highlighted

So, what is the status of a hotfix ?  Patch 4 has been causing my Office 2010 Web Apps as well as custom IIS based apps to crash.  This is a very serious issue to still be out there two months after Patch 4 was released !

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 7

The hotfix for this issue remains one of our team's top priorities for deliverables. We are expecting a hotfix to be available before end of July (there is still risk to that schedule however, so it may change).  If you've subscribed to our SNS service, you'll see when the hotfifx becomes available.

If you're wondering about the date, know that this issue is not the only issue being addressed by said hotfix.

William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee
Highlighted

What I did was on our IIS servers i just disabled Access Proctection and for the workstations/ servers i added w3wp.exe and **\*.config exclusions

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community