cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSE 8.7iP3 Repost and McAfee Installation Designer broken?

Can anyone else here confirm if they are having any issues creating a custom VSE8.7iP3 repost package with MID?

I have to remove the Notes Scanner installation piece so have to do a custom package and this has *always* worked.  I went through the same process as normal to create my custom package of the reposted P3 install and if I try to install with my custom package, I see in the agent monitor, "error occurred while downloading windows installer 3.1 eula.doc" and the install stops.  I have a feeling it has something to do with the 2 periods in the file name but regardless, installation stops at that point.

Just looking to see if others are experiencing this.  I have opened a ticket but if others have the issue they will likely fix it faster (hopefully)

Thanks in advance...

6 Replies
akl71
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: VSE 8.7iP3 Repost and McAfee Installation Designer broken?

No problems here with MID 8.7 and VSE8.7P3 Repost.

Created a custom package and it works fine, but i deleted the file for windows installer and the eula.doc before

I think Windows Installer 3.1 is for older systems (it is included in Win2003 SP1) so you could try to delete the file (or just the eula.doc) before importing the ressources with MID.

Awesome...thanks for that tip.  I was not aware you could do that.  Removing the ...eula.doc file worked for me.  Now I will repackage again without all the other unnecessary stuff too

Thanks again!

could you detail what else you are removing to get the smallest footprint possible?

I'm sure there's a number of files that are not needed for deployment, however, what I removed, and I doubt this is a conclusive list, was all but the English html files, the nap files and the zip files.  There's a couple others in there that can likely be removed but the only way you'll find out, if not documented anywhere, is to trial and error until you get it as stripped down as possible.  If I have time in the next while I will try to figure it out but right now time is not something I have a lot of.

HTH...

akl71
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 7

I made a package with the following files:

FramePkg_UPD.exe

msistrings.bin

PkgCatalog.z

Setup.ini

SetupVSE.Exe

UnInst.exe

UnInst.ini

UnInstX64.exe

vse870.msi

VSE870Det.McS

...but package size is still  83,5MB (with actual DAT files), with all the files package size is 86,5MB

Nachricht geändert durch akl71 on 20.04.10 12:17:13 MESZ

We experienced this issue as well....thanks for the tip on resolution!

Andrew