cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: VSE 8.7i Patch 4

Agreed.  The only other thing I can think of is this:  It should work I hope.  Change the current daily update task to only get .dats etc. and EXCLUDE product updates for 8.7i.  make sure everyone gets the newly changed daily update task.  Then move the Patch4 from evaluation to current.  Create another product update task and only select 8.7i stuff and exclude .dats, etc.

What do you all think?  Is that a good way to go?

I swear I used to be able to do it in the past, but it has been a while....

Erik

Slingo
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 92 of 92

Re: VSE 8.7i Patch 4

I'm the same way. I feel like I'm rediscovering the wheel every time I try to deploy a non-agent patch. It's just not intuitive because of the hurdles involved.

That should work. I have my patch updates seperated from my DAT update tasks already. I believe my line of thinking was for this exact scenerio. Machines need to still get DATs while the patch testing is on going. The downside to this entire methodolgy is that it's more complicated to get newly built machines to get patched to the previous patch while patch 4 is tested. If you have convient buckets to make the agent policy change to use the evaluation branch, that's probably a better solution. It's just not always practical in the same way that a client task setting would have been.

As I said... far more complicated than it should have been.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator