Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McAfee Employee wwarren
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 92

Re: VSE 8.7i Patch 4

The length of time that the post-update processing can impact the system will be reduced.

We resolved an issue that could cause systems to endure high CPU usage from McShield and/or EngineServer services during post-update processing. It could last many minutes, some folks reported 10 minutes or more. This issue is resolved in Patch 4.

The product will still use CPU for a time during the post-update processing. It must. But the expectation is the amount of time will be the minimal amount needed to reinitilize the scanners after loading the new DATs.

Memory usage is unchanged, except to say the memory leak issue observed in the EngineServer service (addressed by hotfix 539488, KB article KB59962) is included in Patch 4, and without any side-effects.

William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee
Mal09
Level 12
Message 12 of 92

tonyb99
Level 13
Message 13 of 92

Is the VSE repost with patch 4 going to be included at the same time as the basic patch without the delays we've had in the past between the two?

Mal09
Level 12
Message 14 of 92

tonyb99 wrote:

Is the VSE repost with patch 4 going to be included at the same time as the basic patch without the delays we've had in the past between the two?

Especially since Installation Designer is now rather broken.

- You can't install epo CMA's through it.

- You can no longer add additional Patches.

etc.

Reliable Contributor rmetzger
Reliable Contributor
Message 15 of 92

Mal09 wrote:

tonyb99 wrote:

Especially since Installation Designer is now rather broken.

- You can't install epo CMA's through it.

- You can no longer add additional Patches.

etc.

(RTS, not yet RTW. I know, another 30 days.)

- You can't deploy MID modified versions of VSE to Vista x64.

None of these are changed by VSE v8.7 Patch 4 and must be fixed by MID v8.7 changes.

One can only hope.

Will Patch 4 be DATless as with Patch 3? What about the repost with Patch 4?

Ron Metzger

Message was edited by: rmetzger on 8/17/10 1:47:44 PM EDT
Thanks,
Ron Metzger

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee wwarren
McAfee Employee
Message 16 of 92

Patch 4 is planned to release to the web (RTW) on Sep 28. The earliest the repost could be ready is that same day.

However, our target for the repost is Oct 12. This date may be able to be brought in depending on changes required for our universal uninstaller (the program that checks for and removes incompatible software, launched by our SetupVSE.exe).

Highlighted
runcmd
Level 10
Message 17 of 92

wwarren wrote:

Patch 4 is planned to release to the web (RTW) on Sep 28. The earliest the repost could be ready is that same day.

However, our target for the repost is Oct 12. This date may be able to be brought in depending on changes required for our universal uninstaller (the program that checks for and removes incompatible software, launched by our SetupVSE.exe).

Really?  You might want to let the boys on the "McAfee Support Notification Service" Team know that, because I got an email from them on 08/13/2010 indicating that VSE8.7i P4 is to be released on 08/26/2010. 

PhilR
Level 12
Message 18 of 92

That's funny, runcmd, my email from them on August 12th said:

Aug 10, 2010

VSE 8.7i Patch 4 Delayed

VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i Patch 4 was expected to release today. However, a rebuilding of the patch package was warranted and required further testing to ensure a quality release.

A new date for the patch release will be provided by close of business Monday, Aug 16, PDT US.

Thanks for the update, William.

Message was edited by: PhilR on 18/08/10 05:14:20 CDT
McAfee Employee wwarren
McAfee Employee
Message 19 of 92

The SNS notices have all been correct.

A follow up notice was sent advising the new RTS date of Aug 26.

My answer to query about the repost refers to the RTW date, and planned repost date.

It can be confusing, but the first release date is our release to Support (RTS) date which we do not always publish externally because not all customers can get the patch on that day. The RTS program usually lasts 4 weeks, following which the patch is released to Web (RTW).

My first post on this thread ought to explain things better.

tonyb99
Level 13
Message 20 of 92

Are we still on for the patch 4 release today?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community