Highlighted
kire98
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

VSE 8.7i Patch 3 Question

Jump to solution

Hello all,

I was wondering if the issue described in KB68448 is still a concern when updating clients to Patch 3 or has the Patch 3 download been updated to accommodate this problem?  If this is still an issue would checking Patch 3 into the repository along with the Hot Fix avoid this problem?  Just wondering what would be the best approach to ensure no clients experience this issue.

Cheers

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: VSE 8.7i Patch 3 Question

Jump to solution

Hi Kire,

The isssue is resolved. You should not see it pop up now. It was an issue which was being caused by vscan.bof.

It has been updated and resolved.

Thank you

Sameer

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi Kire,

The isssue is resolved. You should not see it pop up now. It was an issue which was being caused by vscan.bof.

It has been updated and resolved.

Thank you

Sameer

View solution in original post

kire98
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Thanks for taking time to answer Sameer.

Jump to solution

Just a heads up, I recently checked in VSE 8.7p3 before I saw the hotfix (assuming that the repost of patch 3 eliminted the issue).

I had two XP laptops w/ Cisco VPN client installs fail to get to the desktop after patch 3 install.  Granted, this was only 2 machines out of 500+ updated and 2 laptops w/ VPN client installs out of about 100 laptops.  It was easy enough to go to a command prompt on the two machines, wack VSE and then reinstall clean.

Jump to solution

The problem has been resolved?  It's only resolved if you have an updated vscan.bof file.  If you have a machine that hasn't communicated well with the epo server and somehow didn't get updated yet, then patch 3 will mess it up.

So, the issue is resolved if the client has the resolution.... How's that for a fancy answer...

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community