cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SergeM
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

VSE 8.7i (Patch 2) not installing on laptop running Windows 7 ?

Hi,

I have had a few users calling and reporting that VSE won't install on some laptops running Windows 7 Pro 64bits).

I have checked the KB and found nothing. We had upgraded to VSE 8.7i with Patch 2 to be Win 7 compliant and I have other machines running Win 7 and VSE with no issue.

I installed the Patch3 for VSE 8.7 this afternoon just to be sure (didn't find an installer including P3, did I miss something?)

Does anyone have an idea ?

thanks

Serge

2 Replies
Mal09
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: VSE 8.7i (Patch 2) not installing on laptop running Windows 7 ?

Patch 2 should be compatible with Win 7 x64 - see https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB60468

There is a Patch 3 integrated installer available through the "My Downloads" page - in any case you should be using Patch 3 with Win7 as it resolves an issue with "anti-virus disabled" type alerts from Windows Security Centre.

Not sure why it's refusing to install on some machines. Do you have a log you can post (IIRC, it should write a log out to the TEMP directory during the install)

Re: VSE 8.7i (Patch 2) not installing on laptop running Windows 7 ?

Serge,

Please log on to the Products download page on the McAfee website.

https://secure.nai.com/apps/downloads/my_products/login.asp

Key in your Grant number and click on the McAfeee Virus Scan Enterprise 8.7i. You will able to download the VSE 8.,7i installer file with P3 included. Please try installing that and revert how did it go.

Thank you

Sameer

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community