Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilR
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 56

VSE 8.7i Patch 1 has been pulled

Not a word why on the support portal or in the knowledgebase, but it has been pulled from both the support portal and the corporate download page.

Phil
55 Replies
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 56

RE: VSE 8.7i Patch 1 has been pulled

What is going on at McAfee as I can confirm that this packagae has also been pulled under our grant number. Hopefully it is not anything serious or that they might be including the hotfix which would be nice.

Anyhow, I have just wasted about 3 days testing this patch. Being an overworked administrator this is highly frustrating. I am going to put any testing of VSE 8.7i on hold until we get word from McAfee.
PhilR
Level 12
Message 3 of 56

I'd advise caution in rolling Patch 1 out. It is definitely buggy.

One of our boxes loses network connectivity with 8.7i Patch 1 installed after it has been running for a few hours - a reboot brings it back.

But it would be nice to know why McAfee pulled it. A few lines of explanation on the support portal replacing the box exhorting us all to apply it immediately would have been appropriate.

McAfee, the lack of explanation sucks, as does the product sad
wmode
Level 7
Message 4 of 56

I'm seeing huge amounts of false positives for W32/Generic.worm.aa, Windows File Protection errors, and finally, breaking of WSUS or Windows Updates.

I'm seeing the same false positives for W32/Generic.worm.aa on 2 machines with the patch.

Does anyone know how to uninstall patch 1 automatically? I rolled it out to some test users using SMS and would like to automatically remove it. I can't find the uninstall string in the registry.

John
Highlighted

With some patches you have to change the "Uninstallable" DWORD to 0 in the Windows installer hive.
Otherwise you will not be able to uninstall the patch.

reg, Henno.

Thanks for sharing that info.

Same here!
wmode
Level 7
Message 9 of 56

Now, after users shutdown workstations, Windows will fail to boot. It looks like some system files are being flagged and clean/deleted. I'm still waiting for a call back from tier 2 or 3 support (levels change depending on whom I ask when I tried to get an update on my case).

Once again, if this true it's absoloutley ridiculous....
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center