cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSE 8.7i Killing Citrix Servers When Updating

Hi Guys,

We have been running VSE 8.7i on all servers and workstations for months without any problems, but we pushed it out to our 4 TS / Citrix servers yesterday and it completely killed all of them whilst it was doing its initial push and update. By "killed" I mean mcshield.exe using up 100% of the CPU for just over 20 minutes.Once the install had finished and the latest DATs had been downloaded from our EPO server then they all settled down. However, when those 4 Citrix servers have automatically updated to the latest DATs today, we found that the same thing happened... each server is maxed out for 20 minutes.

So are there any specific exclusions we should add for Terminal Services and/or Citrix (I searched but couldnt find any other than just C:\Program Files\Citrix but adding this has not helped) ? If not, can anyone offer any suggestions as to why this is happening and how we can resolve it?

Thanks

Chris

Message was edited by: chris128 on 07/12/10 08:37:20 GMT-06:00
5 Replies
pato
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: VSE 8.7i Killing Citrix Servers When Updating

Hi

Do you have Patch 4 installed? That fixes several issues with updating and high CPU load.

You can check your patch version with rightclick on the Mcafee icon and About Virus Scan.

pato

Ahh thanks, I should have checked to see if there was a new patch out first! We are currently on patch 3, so I'm installing 4 now on the Citrix servers and will see how it goes. Thanks!

Well its not looking very promising so far. Installed patched 4 on 2 of the Citrix servers and straight away after the install finished they both sat with Mcshield.exe using 99% of the CPU for about 15 minutes

Highlighted
pato
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 6

Check out this thread here: https://community.mcafee.com/thread/21487?tstart=30

It's also about Citrix issues.

Thanks, I've had a look but unfortunately there are not really any definitive answers in that thread (so I've posted in it asking if someone can share their solution).

From that thread though it seems like VSE 8.5 seems to work OK on the Citrix servers so I guess we could install that instead of 8.7, as 8.5 must be better than nothing and better than having our servers freeze every day...

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community