cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

VSE 8.7 not running on MS Window 7 (64 Bit)

Hi,

I tried to install VSE 8.7 (Patch 2) on Windows 7 (64 bit) but the setup runs for some time, then it stops and comes with the following error about the Framework Package:

"Error 1920. Service McAfee Framework Packages could not be installed. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services.

The VSE 8.7 on the ePO shared folder has Patch 2 but still the problem persists."

We are running the McAfee Enterprise for our organization and managing about +/- 5000 users and the users with Windows 7 are about 10.

I have tried to ignore the message but the error keeps on coming back and stops the installation, pls assist, I don't know what to do...

Thank You...

7 Replies
Dinz
Level 16
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: VSE 8.7 not running on MS Window 7 (64 Bit)

Hi Samuel,

I shall move your post to the enterprise section where our enterprise mods would be assisting on this soon.

Thanks,
Dinesh K
McAfee Community Moderator

McAfee Employee wwarren
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 8

I would suggest reviewing the knowledgebase articles on the topic first, then let us know what's going on from there -

McAfee Agent deployment and policy enforcement fail on Windows 7 clients (KB67594)

Support Statement for McAfee Products for Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2 (KB60468)

William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee

Hi Wlliam,

I tried to access the links you provided me with but I can't access them, it says that "the pages are no longer available", please guys I need advise...

Mal09
Level 12
Message 5 of 8

SamuelM wrote:

I tried to access the links you provided me with but I can't access them, it says that "the pages are no longer available", please guys I need advise...

Both of those links are working for me.

Samuel,

Both the links are perfectly fine. I suggest you try that again and also check your network connectivity.

Sameer

Thank you all for the information...

I'm not quite sure but I think I saw this message on a w2k8 server, too. In my case I was logged on as an administrator but anyway I had to run the installation explicit using "runas administrator".

Regards, Tim

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community