Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twenden
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 43

RE: VSE 8.7 and crypt32 error

McAfee has just posted a knowledge base article that refers to this crypt32 error.

https://knowledge.mcafee.com/article/842/616948_f.SAL_Public.html
Massi79
Level 7
Message 12 of 43

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa they are completely mad!
I really cannot believe that for them a proxy is "None of the computers reporting this error have Internet access."
no words!
They want us to uninstall that component from each computer?

NO WORDS!

EXPECTED ERROR? what about this "expected error" if VSE 8.5 is installed?

bah..

I think McAfee has a problem.

Through Group Policy i Enabled the option 'Turn off Automatic Root Certificates Update'.
The Crypt32 error is now gone.
But 'Applying computer setting' is still taking to long.

They ask me to try some other settings, but nothing works.
Completly turning off everything does not even work.

Sad but ....
bgfs
Level 7
Message 14 of 43

We have the same problem and start up times are through the roof. We've reverted back to 8.5 in most cases
akl71
Level 10
Message 15 of 43

We have this problem with VSE8.5, loading of roaming profile takes over 7 minutes, with VSE8.7 only 2 minutes so we must upgrade to 8.7 ... but there are these bluesreens sad
bgfs
Level 7
Message 16 of 43

We also have this problem, the Mcafee knowledgebase points to the Microsoft article (317541) mentioned previously. It does appear to be McAfee Av 8.7.0 that is affected so McAfee have changed something within the scanner that requires it to automatically update its certs. As is customary, McAfee have shrugged their shoulders and pointed to Microsoft instead of admitting there is a new problem and doing something to fix it. To have to fix each PC is not good enough. Kasparsky is looking better all the time!!!

after setting the proxy the error disappeared and the login is as fast as before:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317541
rrathbun
Level 9
Message 18 of 43

Sorry, but even McAfee agreed with me on what I originally stated. It is normal behaivor because Windows is attempting to verify external certs and it cannot check them through the proxy.

Check the Microsoft URL I provided in my earlier post and it should help.
akl71
Level 10
Message 19 of 43

Yes but without VSE8.7 there are no crypt32 errors, with every other VSE-version there are no crypt32 errors. If i install VSE8.7 ... crypt32 errors on every machine, i uninstall it and the errors are gone.
The question is, why or for what VSE8.7 uses this root certificate update mechanism (even the support could not answer to this in more than two weeks now)
But it is no problem ... just turn off root certificate update on 25.000 machines ... :eek:
Massi79
Level 7
Message 20 of 43

you can't be serious..
windows CAN check them through the proxy
windows WITH VSE 8.7 CAN'T check them through the proxy

new game for you: find the problem happy
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community