cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

VSE 8.5i and 8.7i Comparison Document

HI All,

I'm not sure if this is the correct section to post this but here goes.

I'm looking for a virusscan enterprise 8.5i and 8.7i comparison document. I recall seeing it once upon a time but have since lost it.

If anyone has a link for me that would be muchos appreciated.

Thanks

Kev

5 Replies

Re: VSE 8.5i and 8.7i Comparison Document

moving this to VSE...

Sam

I know there is such an article for 8.0i / 8.5i but have been unable to find one for the next version up. Will look again.

Regs

I'm working on one

For now, please use the readme of VSE 8.7i, features section. It would explain what has been added to VSE 8.7i. Note that some additional features, such as URL whitelisting for ScriptScan has been added with Patch 1.

HTH,

Redouane

thanks for the replies...

I'm actually looking for some performance comparison graphs looking at On-Access and On-Demand scanners.

It will also be great to see a comparison of time it takes for services to load during startup.

There is definitely an immprovement on ODS scan time in VSE 8.7i (latest patch) vs VSE 8.5i. An slight improvement went to VSE 8.7i OAS, but you will need to disable "Process on enable" as after Patch 2 it's rated Maximum security rather than standard (you get the option during the local install).

Unfortunatly, it's not possible to quantify this data as it depends on a large number of factors starting from hardware and ending by what 3rd party software are installed.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community