cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tzompa
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

VSE 8.5i - Problem with running program with commandline options after Autoupdate

Hello!

In the autoupdate properties you can specify a program to run after the autoupdate task is finished. My problem is that when i try to insert something like: c:\bin\mymessageapp.exe -login blabla -passwd yada -message "a message" i get an error saying it cant find the program. If I remove the comandline options the program is accepted but obviously it wont do much. Is it at all possible to give comandline options when configuring this, perhaps you can "escape" the options so that the configuration program understands that they are options and not part of the program.

I could put the command in a bat file and run that one but it is much easier to issue configuration directives than software updates (which a bat file would be regarded as) in my project due to formal constraints from the customer.
4 Replies
tonyb99
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

RE: VSE 8.5i - Problem with running program with commandline options after Autoupdate

This has always worked ok for me when setting things like using CMA to update props etc I think you need to look at your command line switching
tzompa
Level 7
Message 3 of 5

RE: VSE 8.5i - Problem with running program with commandline options after Autoupdate

Thanks for your reply.

Even the simple command 'c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /?' is'nt accepted with the switch so I'm a bit lost. 🙂

I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to mcafee so any pointers would be much appreciated.
Jesse.wt
Level 7
Message 4 of 5

It is work in background !!

You can check the Task manager , the cmd process still ther.

Because it no interactive UI , so you must to keep away from that.

We use a script to do all we want happy
tzompa
Level 7
Message 5 of 5

Thanks Jesse.wt

So what are you saying?
One can't supply switches to the program because it runs in the background?

It seems as the config gui uses the whole string in the input box as if it was a program name and checks if it exists and 'cmd.exe /?' is of course not an existing file.
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community