Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
derrick1
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

VSCL to CLS for Unix

Hi there,

My AIX system (Unix) is currently running with VCSL which has EOL. So far, I only notice that CLS is only applicable for Linux  (Unix). Is there an AIX version where I can download? If no, is there a replacement product for it?

Regards

Derrick

6 Replies
Saif_f
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Re: VSCL to CLS for Unix

Hi @derrick1 

Thank you for posting in community forum. The CLS is a logical upgrade to the VirusScan Command Line Scanner (VSCL).

If you have the supported kernel version as described in KB94726, you can continue to use CLS for AIX system.

Kind Regards,

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and give a Kudo, together we can help other members.

derrick1
Level 7
Message 3 of 7

Hi Saif_f,

Thanks for the reponse. The KB states that the support platforms for CLS are Windows and Linux. My system is AIX, thus we are stuck in a situation where I cannot upgrade to VSCL to CLS.

May I know:

1. Is there any support which Mcafee can provide to move to another software?

2. Although VSCL has reach EOL, I noticed that it still works with the avvdat-XXXX.zip files that I regularly download from Mcafee website. Am I correct?

Regards

Derrick

BSharma
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Hello @derrick1 

Please refer below answers to your queries.

1. Is there any support which Mcafee can provide to move to another software?

Going forward we're referring our customers to HelpSystems who is a trusted McAfee OEM partner.
HelpSys have an AIX security solution that they sell and support. We’re referring McAfee AIX customers. Cause there wouldn't be any AV product from McAfee supporting AIX OS.

2. Although VSCL has reach EOL, I noticed that it still works with the avvdat-XXXX.zip files that I regularly download from Mcafee website. Am I correct?

It may work - but from Support side it is an EOL and will not be tested further with DATs and OS. Hence it is not technically supported.

Access this link to see the EOL list for a specific product:
https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-in/support/product-eol.html#product=command_line_scanner

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and give a Kudo, together we can help other members.

BSharma
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

Hello @derrick1 

Thank you for reaching us through community.

1) VirusScan Command Line Scanner is a AV product supports IBM AIX OS. Refer below KB.
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB52944
look for "Supported UNIX-based operating systems"

2) The above mentioned product VirusScan Command Line Scanner is soon going to be End Of Support/Life by 12/31/2021.
Refer: https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-in/support/product-eol.html
look for "Command Line Scanner"

3) Going forward we're referring our customers to HelpSystems who is a trusted McAfee OEM partner.
HelpSys have an AIX security solution that they sell and support. We’re referring McAfee AIX customers. Cause there wouldn't be any AV product from McAfee supporting AIX OS.

4) However we do have some other product like MACC or called us Solidcore which adds a different layer of security. This product support AIX OS
Refer - https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/assets/data-sheets/ds-application-change-control.pdf

Hope I have answered your question and also the upcoming questions.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

derrick1
Level 7
Message 6 of 7

Hi BSharma,

Is there anyway McAfee can help to link me up to HelpSystems. Im based in Singapore. Appreciate you help.

Regards

Derrick

BSharma
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Hi @derrick1 

I would request you to please raise an support ticket with McAfee so that we can share information. 

As per the community rule I am unable to copy the third party urls here. 

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community