cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Powershell to install and confirm VSE installation

Jump to solution

I am using a powershell script to install McAfee VSE on machines that are already agent's of an EPO machine.

I can do it successfully, but I would like to send back to the user the DAT file number (signature file / Virus Definitions) that is currently running. I can found instructions for using the UI but I am trying to do it without any UI.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Using Powershell to install and confirm VSE installation

Jump to solution

I'm not familiar with scripts too much, but the DAT version is reported in the registry. Could you use that to report back to the user? 

The registry location is: HKLM\Software\WOW6142Node\AVEngine

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
3 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

I'm not familiar with scripts too much, but the DAT version is reported in the registry. Could you use that to report back to the user? 

The registry location is: HKLM\Software\WOW6142Node\AVEngine

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Jump to solution
SUCCESS:
I found that location via that item via the powershell command:
Get-Item -Path Registry::HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432\McAfee\AVEngine

Note: my location is somewhat different than yours, but your suggestion enabled me to get to the correct place. Thanks
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution
Just realised I had mis-typed somehow :-D (let's just blame it on it being later on in the day)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432\McAfee\AVEngine is absolutely the right path!

Glad your script works!
Was my reply helpful?
Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.