cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload file in PHP application and scan for virus

I am developing a PHP application where user can upload the MSExcel data file and during upload, they do anti virus scan.

I need a output file from McAfee scan, which should indicate is there a virus in the data file or not.

Please confirm the "C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\scan32.exe" produces output file or I need different McAFee executable file for this task.

Many thanks

8 Replies
ajacobs
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 9

Re: Upload file in PHP application and scan for virus

I'm not a product expert but I have moved your post to our VirusScan Enterprise area. Hopefully someone can answer your question soon.

khhalid wrote:

I am developing a PHP application where user can upload the MSExcel data file and during upload, they do anti virus scan.

I need a output file from McAfee scan, which should indicate is there a virus in the data file or not.

Please confirm the "C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\scan32.exe" produces output file or I need different McAFee executable file for this task.

Many thanks

Consider using the Command Line Scanner to accomplish this task. Use your grant code to download the appropriate version. You should find the command line parameters documented within, needed to scan each file for upload with a log file generated as specified.

Ron Metzger

Thanks Ron, I am now using csscan.exe, which is command line scanner.  When I run this executable from cmd it did produces out with require details but how i can capture this in PHP, I am sure. 

Do do have any example where someone try the same task? Or

Any link where I can find more info.

Many thanks

K

Mal09
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 9

csscan.exe isn't the best thing to use as I don't recall it returning error levels.

You need the Command Line Scanner version 6.x from the download page. You'll also find an instruction manual which shows error levels returned and what they mean.

I am currently running McAfee 8.7.0i (see attachment).

Can I download 'Command Line Scanner'  trail version and install it in the same machine?

Many thanks

K

khhalid wrote:

I am currently running McAfee 8.7.0i (see attachment).

Can I download 'Command Line Scanner'  trail version and install it in the same machine?

Many thanks

K

Hi,

I believe your grant code will allow you to download a valid, full copy, of the Command Line Scanner.

Within the .zip file is a pdf file documenting most everything you need to do the scans and result codes.

In the US: https://secure.nai.com/apps/downloads/my_products/myproducts.asp?region=us&segment=enterprise

The rest is left to you with scripting in what ever language you see fit.

Ron Metzger

You can also find the Trial versions here:

Free Product Evaluations

https://secure.nai.com/apps/downloads/free_evaluations/default.asp

Good  luck,

Ron Metzger

Guys, cmd line scanner is returning report which I needed.

Thank you for all your help,