cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Virus Scan Enterprise without EPo. Possible?

Hi!

Our comany has a small separated network without EPo and not connected to internet. I would like to auto update virusscan ent on all the member comps from a dedicated place. Can i able finish te job without using Epo?

thy

5 Replies
Tristan
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Update Virus Scan Enterprise without EPo. Possible?

Probably not with VSEs automatic updates.

But you should be able to achieve it by setting up scheduled task on each computer to run the ****xdat.exe DAT updater.

Tristan
Level 15
Message 3 of 6

Just to elaborate on the procedure...

1. Every day download the ****xdat.exe (where **** is the DAT version) from the McAfee website and transfer it to a usb stick

2. Take your usb stick to the isolated network and copy it to a network share on a server or PC

3. Rename it to todaysDAT.exe

4. Each computer has a scheduled task to run todaysDAT.exe from the network share

Really what i need the content of sitelists.xml. I cant edit it because locked by mcafee services. I dont know what i have to put or write into that file manually. Can anyone give an example for "local content" or "UNC path"?

Tristan
Level 15
Message 5 of 6

I think you can do it that way but it's slightly more complicated

The McAfee automatic update process that uses the sitelists.xml isn't expecting a single file to perform the update.

Basically you will need to download the contents of this folder to your usb stick every day and recreate it on the network share on your isolated network.

https://update.nai.com/products/commonupdater2/current/vscandat1000/dat/0000/

You can then edit the sitelist.xml via the VSE console.

Tools - > Edit AutoUpdate Repository list

create a new UNC repository and point it at your network share and move it to the top of the list

Now i got the same problem than this thread: https://community.mcafee.com/thread/58190

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community