cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aguzman
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Uninstall of VSE fails with unable to find valid repository.

Hello All,

I am running into an issue with VSE 8.8 Patch 4. I am trying to upgrade from VSE patch 4 to patch 7. First I upgraded the McAfee Agent to 5.0.3.316 as agent 4.8.0 is not compatible with patch 7. I then proceeded to upgrade to patch 7 for those clients with MA 5.0.3 installed. Only about 10% were able to apply the Patch 7 install. The tasks showed as completed Patch 7 install but the computers still showed Patch 4 installed. So I tried to do a uninstall of Patch 4. This way I could try Patch 7 again with a clean install. However, I got the following error in my task log.

Server Task Log Information

Name:Computer Name: TEST-PC01
Source:Run Client Task
Start Date:7/1/16 1:22:58 PM
Duration:1 minute
User Name:testuser
Parent Task Name:RunNow Task For : Uninstall (WIN) Virus Scan Enterprise Patch 4

Log Messages

7/1/16 1:22:58 PMStarted: Sent Run Now task "Uninstall (WIN) Virus Scan Enterprise Patch 4" to "TEST-PC01"
7/1/16 1:23:05 PMRun now task Uninstall (WIN) Virus Scan Enterprise Patch 4 received.
7/1/16 1:23:06 PMRun now task started.
7/1/16 1:24:37 PMRun now task Uninstall (WIN) Virus Scan Enterprise Patch 4 failed.
Details: Product "VIRUSCAN8800" installation failed, reason "Content download error".
Product "VIRUSCAN8800" uninstallation succeeded.
Deplyment/Update task failed, reason "Unable to find valid repository"..

When I look at the computer, it does show the product as removed, but I don't understand how it succeeded, yet says it failed. I then proceeded to install Patch 7, which appears to have worked.

Any idea why ePO 5.3.2. does this? Does anyone else get these "False Failures"?

3 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4

Re: Uninstall of VSE fails with unable to find valid repository.

Hi,

I have the same Problem with serveral clients. VSE 8.8.1445 is installed an I try to run an uninstall task because the install task for VSE 8.8.1522 doesn't work for these clients (Details: Product "VIRUSCAN8800" installation failed, reason "Content download error".) Normally I can upgrade to VSE 8.8.1522 without any problems.

EPO Version 5.3.2 and the agent is 5.0.3.316.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 4

what are the products are installed. Did you follow the below article ?

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=SB10151

Reply to this thread with Addition input.

Br,

Ajay

aguzman
Level 9
Message 4 of 4

Hello,

That article is not related to this issue exactly. My issue is I get errors when running an uninstall task for VSE 8.8.1247. I am running an uninstall task because the install task for VSE 8.8.1522 does not seem to install on top of 1247. In the past I have been able to deploy the new version of VSE which would remove the old version and install new one without any issues. Now, it fails so I have to do an uninstall first. The big issue here is the job reports as failed, but looking at the logs I posted, it shows the uninstall succeeded. I have confirmed the product is removed from the system and I am able to install the new version afterwards.

I want to know what is causing the "Content download error" & "Unable to find valid repository" errors so I can fix it.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community