I am running into an issue with VSE 8.8 Patch 4. I am trying to upgrade from VSE patch 4 to patch 7. First I upgraded the McAfee Agent to 220.127.116.116 as agent 4.8.0 is not compatible with patch 7. I then proceeded to upgrade to patch 7 for those clients with MA 5.0.3 installed. Only about 10% were able to apply the Patch 7 install. The tasks showed as completed Patch 7 install but the computers still showed Patch 4 installed. So I tried to do a uninstall of Patch 4. This way I could try Patch 7 again with a clean install. However, I got the following error in my task log.
Server Task Log Information
|7/1/16 1:22:58 PM||Started: Sent Run Now task "Uninstall (WIN) Virus Scan Enterprise Patch 4" to "TEST-PC01"|
|7/1/16 1:23:05 PM||Run now task Uninstall (WIN) Virus Scan Enterprise Patch 4 received.|
|7/1/16 1:23:06 PM||Run now task started.|
|7/1/16 1:24:37 PM||Run now task Uninstall (WIN) Virus Scan Enterprise Patch 4 failed.|
Details: Product "VIRUSCAN8800" installation failed, reason "Content download error".
Product "VIRUSCAN8800" uninstallation succeeded.
Deplyment/Update task failed, reason "Unable to find valid repository"..
When I look at the computer, it does show the product as removed, but I don't understand how it succeeded, yet says it failed. I then proceeded to install Patch 7, which appears to have worked.
Any idea why ePO 5.3.2. does this? Does anyone else get these "False Failures"?
I have the same Problem with serveral clients. VSE 8.8.1445 is installed an I try to run an uninstall task because the install task for VSE 8.8.1522 doesn't work for these clients (Details: Product "VIRUSCAN8800" installation failed, reason "Content download error".) Normally I can upgrade to VSE 8.8.1522 without any problems.
EPO Version 5.3.2 and the agent is 18.104.22.1686.
what are the products are installed. Did you follow the below article ?
Reply to this thread with Addition input.
That article is not related to this issue exactly. My issue is I get errors when running an uninstall task for VSE 8.8.1247. I am running an uninstall task because the install task for VSE 8.8.1522 does not seem to install on top of 1247. In the past I have been able to deploy the new version of VSE which would remove the old version and install new one without any issues. Now, it fails so I have to do an uninstall first. The big issue here is the job reports as failed, but looking at the logs I posted, it shows the uninstall succeeded. I have confirmed the product is removed from the system and I am able to install the new version afterwards.
I want to know what is causing the "Content download error" & "Unable to find valid repository" errors so I can fix it.