1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Re: Unable to uninstall VSE 8.8 P12 on Windows Server Core

Jump to solution

@JoeMace Did you see that the ePO uninstall task was correctly invoked by the McAfee Agent within the Agent Status Monitor or masvc log? That will be first pre-requisite for success of that method.

If you can locate the EPR log, it will tell you why it failed/indicate if the failure is due to Server Core not being compatible with the tool. I would have to confirm with Engineering if there is a caveat for Win Server 2012 R2 of "normal/standard" vs Core mode from a supportability/compatibility standpoint.

If you would like to investigate further, it may be most efficient for you to reach out and open a case with Support.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

3 Replies
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

@JoeMace What version of Windows Server Core are you running? It is possible that the EPR tool is not supported on the OS. Do you have logs from your ePO uninstall attempt or your EPR attempt?

EPR is supported on Windows 7 SP1+ and Windows Server 2008 R2 and above, as is outlined in PD27734

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

It is running Windows Server 2012 R2.

I haven't check for the logs yet under temp/logs but when I tried uninstalling in ePO (failed uninstalled), it is not showing anything under windows/temp/mcafee/logs

McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

@JoeMace Did you see that the ePO uninstall task was correctly invoked by the McAfee Agent within the Agent Status Monitor or masvc log? That will be first pre-requisite for success of that method.

If you can locate the EPR log, it will tell you why it failed/indicate if the failure is due to Server Core not being compatible with the tool. I would have to confirm with Engineering if there is a caveat for Win Server 2012 R2 of "normal/standard" vs Core mode from a supportability/compatibility standpoint.

If you would like to investigate further, it may be most efficient for you to reach out and open a case with Support.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator