cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Trojan Detection - what is it telling me?

Jump to solution

We had a detection today listed as Trojan-FLOM!12DF1F1EB1A4. It appears to have been introduced via a USB drive. It was found in scanning these files all detected as the infection above.

SanDiskSecureAccess.exe
System Volume Information.exe
FOUND.000.exe
6050 db 5_files.exe

The thing that bothers me about this, is that I can find no data on the threat detection or what it is or what it does or if there are other actions that should be taken.

If another machine got this that did not have protection, what would have occurred?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee dvarnell
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Trojan Detection - what is it telling me?

Jump to solution

Hi User27605043,

This looks like a somewhat detection for what might be considered a dropper. From what I can find, it will attempt to drop some files on disk and create a registry run entry for persistence. In some cases, they may be used to set up additional infection or serve as a backdoor, however it can be difficult to determine the exact behavior without a full analysis.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/a68c39c68fe876fc0bad90bb0dcd2e395647352fa6312fe7b4f76f02e4c33111...

Hope this helps!

1 Reply
McAfee Employee dvarnell
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Trojan Detection - what is it telling me?

Jump to solution

Hi User27605043,

This looks like a somewhat detection for what might be considered a dropper. From what I can find, it will attempt to drop some files on disk and create a registry run entry for persistence. In some cases, they may be used to set up additional infection or serve as a backdoor, however it can be difficult to determine the exact behavior without a full analysis.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/a68c39c68fe876fc0bad90bb0dcd2e395647352fa6312fe7b4f76f02e4c33111...

Hope this helps!

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator