cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KeithM
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Transfer 'ScriptScan disabled' from server 2008 VirusScan to MVISION endpoint on server 2016

Hi all Struggling to find a solution for this.
I have an old 2008 Server network and a new 2016 server network. Both isolated from internet connection.
On the 2008 "Central" ePO server I have Program Files->\…\Anti-Virus Tools->McAfee Virusscan.
If I launch this I get a version 8.8. console. From within this console I can pick from a list - "On-Access scanner", open its properties and then select General settings then the ScriptScan tab. In that tab I can untick the "enable Scanning of Scripts" box.
From my "central" ePO server on the 2016 system I can launch ePO version 5.10. The Products list shown when I select Policy catalog is: McAfee Agent and MVISION endpoint 2107.
How can I set an equivalent to the unticked ScriptScan on 2008 on the 2016 network from the centralised EPO server? Is it within the settings for the MVISION endpoint 2107 somewhere? Or if not where? (Aplogies for the long block of text for some reason the text entry box wont recognise cr/lfs) Thanks
2 Replies
yaz
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Transfer 'ScriptScan disabled' from server 2008 VirusScan to MVISION endpoint on server 2016

Hi @KeithM 

Thanks for reaching out to Community.

I believe the ENS settings are not available in the EPO. We needed to check on the extensions and see if ENS extensions are available. 

If ENS extensions are not available, then we might needed to check on licensing. 

If available and still you face the issue, this may be something we needed to investigate from Support perspective.

I suggest you to open an SR and we can check in detail on the EPO perspective. 

Was my reply helpful?

If yes, please give me a Kudo.

If I have answered your query, kindly mark this as solution so that together we help other community members

KeithM
Level 9
Message 3 of 3

Re: Transfer 'ScriptScan disabled' from server 2008 VirusScan to MVISION endpoint on server 2016

Hi thanks for that I have now managed to raise an SR 4-22739507861
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community