cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

The scan of xxx has taken too long to complete and is being canceled.

Hey,

We are having a couple of problems with some of our SQL Servers and the associated services failing, and have noticed that at roughly the same time we have them scheduled to restart we get the following message in application log regarding McAfee.

The scan of C:\ has taken too long to complete and is being canceled.  Scan engine version used is 5400.1158 DAT version 5960.0000.

There is no schedule on the server for a full scan to take place and the "last run" field is empty.

Is this the On Access Scanner? If so, why is it trying to do a full scan of C:\?

Desperate for some help.

3 Replies

Re: The scan of xxx has taken too long to complete and is being canceled.

Usually, when I see that logged, it's just a particular file that took too long. It's a bit odd that it's only showing C:\. Maybe it's trying to scan a non-existent file or something that was locked?

If i were you I would make sure that you don't have a local ODS task scheduled locally on the system.  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\Task. It will usually be a hexidecimal .INI file in this directory.  I had some ODS scans running out of schedule and I couldn't figure out why until I looked locally on the system.  If a user enabled the task locally the ePO server will not delete it.  You have to do that manually.

These are just a guesses/suggestions - have you excluded SQL data and index file types in the OAS Server policy?  Have you run chkdsk on the c: drive?

Jay

Message was edited by: jguenrdc on 4/29/10 5:29:43 PM CDT
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community