cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspected Trojan in shared folder.

Hi,

Recently I have found couple of suspected trojans on my shared folders, and everytime I run the McAfee VSE 8.7 it does not detect the trojans, so I use other removal tools to remove these trojans.

I'm managing 2000 + clients of McAfee with ePO 4.0.

Is there any solutions to this matter, and how can I stop this trojans from coming in onto my network?

I have attached the sample of the trojan, is called the xpoxlk.exe and it's face is green with a black pacth on it's eye.

2 Replies
apoling
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Suspected Trojan in shared folder.

Hi,

please upload the sample for analysis to www.virustotal.com, where a lot of vendor's engines will analyze it.

/What causes you to believe that it is a trojan? Others informed you, some third party scan informed you or other?/

Others may recommend setting Artemis to high or very high within the on-demand scan that you start on this folder from within Virusscan Console. I recommend doing a third party check as described above, in addition.

Attila

Highlighted

Re: Suspected Trojan in shared folder.

HI Attila,

Thanks for your response, all i saw was a green lookalike cartoon face with pacthed eye and I thought it must be a virus and i also googled it's name and found out that it is indeed a trojan that gets on the shared folder thorugh the network. I will change the Artemis to high and see if McAfee picks it up.

Thanks...

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community