cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Snake malware coverage

I am trying to determine which McAfee DAT file covers SNAKE malware. we are at 9516

1 Reply
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Snake malware coverage

Hi @paul3829,

Thank you for your post. I am afraid the answer may not really be that simple as we are not very clear as to what variant we are specifically looking for and which specific threat actor we are looking into. I do not find any known list of IOCs at the top of my head, but here is something I came across by googling:

e5262db186c97bbe533f0a674b08ecdafa3798ea7bc17c705df526419c168b60

Considering this is an IOC of SNAKE Ransomware as per this third party link, we detect it as Trojan-Ransom.B using both VSE and ENS. This particular file's detection was added a month ago and hence any updated endpoint with V2 or V3 definitions should be able to detect this file.

9516 V2 DAT for VSE should definitely cover this specific file!

If you have any reliable report with IOCs to confirm coverage from McAfee's end, please feel free to share and I will be very glad to be of assistance on the same.

I sincerely hope this information is helpful.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community