cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SetupVSE.exe gives Compatibility error for windows 10

Jump to solution

I am trying to install SetupVSE.exe on windows 10.  I get a compatibility error.  The computer is not connected to the internet and I am unable to connect it. (IT will not allow)  From What I found from searching it would seem that I was provided an incorrect version of the file I am to install.  I do have the Grant license number.  I am not that familiar with this virus protection, If I need to provide more specifics please let me know and I will do what I can.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 9 of 10

Re: SetupVSE.exe gives Compatibility error for windows 10

Jump to solution

Please log on to the link below and key in your grant number and email ID

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/downloads/my-products.html

Then Select Endpoint security to locate VSE. VSE 8.8 patch 8 is not available for download, I suggest you to go with VSE 8.8.0.2114 which is patch 13 full install package

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting your query here

May I know what is the version number of the Windows 10 Operating system installed on your machine. Please find the list of different versions of Windows 10 OS's supported by VSE. For more details please refer to the below KB article 

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51111

Operating System Minimum VSE 8.8 Releases
Supported
Service Pack (SP) P13 P12 P11 P10 P9 P8 P7 P6 P5, P4 P3 P2 P1
Windows 10 version 1909 (October 2019)   Yes No No No No No No No No No No No
Windows 10 version 1903 (May 2019)   Yes No No No No No No No No No No No
Windows 10 version 1809 (October 2018) - Yes Yes No No No No No No No No No No
Windows 10 version 1803 (April 2018)9 - Yes Yes Yes No No No No No No No No No
Windows 10 version 1709 (Fall Creators Update)7 - Yes Yes Yes Yes No No No No No No No No
Windows 10 version 1703 (Creators Update)7 - Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes No No No No No No No
Windows 10 version 1607 (Anniversary Update)7 - Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes No No No No No No
Windows 10 version 1511 (November Update) 7 - Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes No No No No
Windows 10 version 1507 (General Availability) 7
Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 5, 6
Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Jump to solution

System is Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB.  I attached  screen capture of the system

Thanks

McAfee Employee mbuehler
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi @Cguthrie 

Based on that Windows version, you need to make sure that you're using at least version 8.8 Patch 8 of VirusScan Enterprise.

Thanks,

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Product version 8.8.0

file version 8.8.0.240

I am running the SetupVSE application, Running as administrator.

Thanks

McAfee Employee mbuehler
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi @Cguthrie 

That file version corresponds to VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Patch 3. You need at least Patch 8 or above to work on that Windows 10 version.

Thank you,

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

I would suggest you to kindly click on Start --> Run and type the command Winver

This will show you the version of Windows OS. Then try installing the most recent version compatible with your OS. I think VSE 8.8 Patch 13 should work with your OS. 

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Wasn't aware of that command.   I ran that and windows version 1607, So looks like patch 8 or better is the best to get.  Now where do I get that download from?

McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

Please log on to the link below and key in your grant number and email ID

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/downloads/my-products.html

Then Select Endpoint security to locate VSE. VSE 8.8 patch 8 is not available for download, I suggest you to go with VSE 8.8.0.2114 which is patch 13 full install package

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

The package name of the download site is Install - Windows (Patch 13) Version 8.8.0.2114

Was my reply helpful?
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community