Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server 2000 support for vse 8.8

Jump to solution

I'm wondering what they tried to say with that

1.PNG

The sources is:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51111&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=...

So i'm wondering whether server 2000 with SP4 is enough.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tristan
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Server 2000 support for vse 8.8

Jump to solution

The page says it's supported the only thing is that you can't install the 4.6. Agent 4.0 (4.0.0.1532) is the only agent that works on 2000.

Personally i tried 8.8 (patch 0) on my last few legacy 2000 servers and had a few issues with the event logs being flooded with events and such like so i just rolled them back to 8.7p5.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Tristan
Level 15
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

The page says it's supported the only thing is that you can't install the 4.6. Agent 4.0 (4.0.0.1532) is the only agent that works on 2000.

Personally i tried 8.8 (patch 0) on my last few legacy 2000 servers and had a few issues with the event logs being flooded with events and such like so i just rolled them back to 8.7p5.

Jump to solution

Hi Tristan,

Thanks for your comment, i know that it is supported with sp4 but this rollup is something confusing because it look like they missed something, that is why i've asked

Tristan
Level 15
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=18997

Rollup package for sp4 is just a mini service pack with the last few updates released after sp4.

Theres probably a software fix in there somewhere that the agent and/or VSE requires.

Jump to solution

I agree with you i belive that the KB team shouls put a comment so it could be obvious for everybody.

Thanks Tristan.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community