cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ScriptProxy Add-On in IE 11?

Capture2.PNGCapture.PNGI am running IE 11 as my main browser and my question is that under the Add-Ons I have ScriptProxy disabled.

Would it be OK to leave that Disabled since ScriptScan is Enabled (in McAfee VSE) without ANY URL exclusions?

So my question is basically, when ScriptProxy is disabled under the browser Add-On, will this also Disable the ScriptScan (Scanning of Scripts) within the McAfee VSE interface?

Please confirm this.

Thanks

6 Replies

Re: ScriptProxy Add-On in IE 11?

Anyone??

I just need to know if I disable the Script Proxy Add-In from the browser, will it also disable the Scripts Scan (Scanning of Scripts) from the McAfee VSE console as well?

wwarren
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 7

It does not.

The browser add-in is so we can exclude URLs. Without it, you won't be able to exclude URLs - well, you can set the policy for it but it won't work.

William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee

Capture.PNG

1. As you can see from my image here, I do not have any URL exclusions within the McAfee VSE under ScriptScan.

2. So does this mean I can disable the ScriptProxy from the browser Add-On  and  ScriptScan would  still be functional entirely from the McAfee VSE?

Thanks

wwarren
Level 15
Message 5 of 7

Precisely.

Just to confirm one more time.

Sorry for this, but this is very important to me since I work for a high level security corporation.

So is it safe to disable the ScriptProxy from the browser Add-On since I do not have any URL Exclusions set from the McAfee VSE interface under ScriptScan?

And while the ScriptProxy Add-On is disabled, will the ScriptScan still do its job?

wwarren
Level 15
Message 7 of 7

So is it safe to disable the ScriptProxy from the browser Add-On since I do not have any URL Exclusions set from the McAfee VSE interface under ScriptScan?

Yes.

And while the ScriptProxy Add-On is disabled, will the ScriptScan still do its job?

Yes