cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

SHSTAT.EXE Security and Maintenance

Hi,

I have the following issue on some computers. This is during the VSE installation OR during the VSE DAT update which is my concern.

If the users click "YES", the DAT update starts normally. The McAfee support team says that is because UAC is enable on the computers. But I don't want to disable it.

Thanks.

3 Replies
Highlighted
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: SHSTAT.EXE Security and Maintenance

stephane,

Apparently you have to run the MS Application Compatibility tools against the programs and create an application compatibility DB to distribute.  At least this is the solution for W7, I cannot say for sure about W10 since I just started researching similar issues when deploying updates/patches/installs via ePO.  See my comment in the VSE section.

I would think McAfee has templates available for this, but I haven't found any when searching the KBs.  Hopefully one of the folks who's been there/done that will chime in.

Not much help, but a starting point,

DocB

Highlighted

Thank you very much DocB,

I will start with your recommendation to see if I can find something to help. Where did you find the solution about W7 ? I'm just curious to see the whole process (how to) because I'm not used to MS Application Compatibility toolkit..

Thanks again.

Highlighted
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

stephane,

I just started researching the problem from a different problem and directions, Google supplied the link to the W7 solution.  It's very long and not the same as the W10 solution, so I haven't chased it very far.  As I do more research, I'll try to keep this updated, but don't expect much.

Any time,

DocB

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community