Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kink80
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

SB10034: McAfee SNS Notice: Hotfixes Resolve VSE and Host IPS Vulnerability

I read through the security bulletin SB10034 and the accompanying KB77192 article but was unclear if the Hot Fix VSE88HF805660 applied to machines running VSE 8.8 with no patch (8.8.0.777).

in the affected software table it does not speak of VSE 8.8 with no patch and only mentions VSE 8.8 Patch 2 begin affected if yu upgraded from VSE 8.7 P5 or VSE 8.8 P1. I have neither case so if I upgrade my machines from VSE 8.8 no patch (8.8.0.777) to VSE 8.8 P2 do I still need to apply this Hot FIx after I upgrade to VSE 8.8 P2? I have included the affected software section of the security bulletin below. Thanks in advance.

Affected Software:                       

• VirusScan Enterprise (VSE) 8.8 Patch 1
  • VSE 8.8 Patch 2 (when updating from VSE 8.7 Patch 5 OR VSE 8.8 Patch 1)
  • VSE 8.7 Patch 5
  • Host Intrusion Prevention (Host IPS) 8.0 Patch 1 and Patch 2 (when updating from Patch 1)
2 Replies
alexn
Level 14
Message 2 of 3

Re: SB10034: McAfee SNS Notice: Hotfixes Resolve VSE and Host IPS Vulnerability

Yes, In my openion, VSE 8.8.0.777 is not affected. Only P1 should come on P2 first and then apply this HF. and also VSE8.7P5

kink80
Level 12
Message 3 of 3

Re: SB10034: McAfee SNS Notice: Hotfixes Resolve VSE and Host IPS Vulnerability

I spoke to McAfee tech support on this and they said that the base install of VSE 8.8 (8.8.0.777) is not affected. I then asked if I were to upgrade my machines from VSE 8.8.0.777 to VSE 8.8 Patch 2 would I need to apply the Hot Fix. They responded that I would NOT need to apply the Hot Fix if I upgrade my machines from VSE 8.8.0.777 directly to VSE 8.8 P2.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community