Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bcarr
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 11

Run Once Scan

Hello All,

I have a Run once Full scan that i use for all new PC's.  The issue I have is that now thatb im upgrade to VS 8.8 the task has been recreated and all PC's will run this again.  Also I have noticed in the past that when a task is modified the task will run again - even though its set to run once!

Any idea of how I can overcome this?

Thanks,

Barry

10 Replies
metalhead
Level 12
Message 2 of 11

Re: Run Once Scan

This is by design. A "Run once/immediately" task will only run one time at each client exept the task is modified (it gets a new internal ID).

In ePO 4.6 you can set the task to "disabled" and select a command to send to McAfee Agent 4.6 to run a specific client task immediately.

With ePO/Agent < 4.6 you have to enable the task on a per system basis and reactivate the client.

bcarr
Level 7
Message 3 of 11

Thanks for the reply,

Is there no other way of achieving this that is automated?

metalhead
Level 12
Message 4 of 11

What exactly do you want to automate ?

bcarr
Level 7
Message 5 of 11

To run the scan task above to only new PC's..

metalhead
Level 12
Message 6 of 11

It depends how your new PCs are imported into epo.

One possibility is to assign a tag to new PCs and let the task run only on clients with this specific tag. Then remove the tag.

Another way would be to get new clients to a special group, assign the task only to this group and move the clients out of this group when the scan completes.

bcarr
Level 7
Message 7 of 11

I thought of the tag idea too, but again, this involves manually using tags.  If only the tag criteria could use tasks!

We have quite a high turnover of PC's so the manual tagging isnt an option!

metalhead
Level 12
Message 8 of 11

Do you use the AD Sync option to import new PCs or do you simply install the agent via script/software deployment ?

bcarr
Level 7
Message 9 of 11

We use the software deployment method

Different solutions:

1) Use the /CustomProps1="New PC" parameter when executing the framepkg.exe. Then automatically assign the tag to this property. Create a server tasks which automatically removes the tag (e.g. every day at 00:00 or if a "On.demand.scan finished" event is received)

2) If you simply want to run a ODS everytime VSE is installed you can build a custom VSE package with installation designer and select the option to run a ODS at the end of the installation