cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Old Machines from EPO 5.3.1

Jump to solution

I have a couple hundred machines showing up as non compliant with our VSE 8.8. When I look at the list there are lots of machines that have nothing out to the side of their name. These machines are not in our AD environment. I can not ping this machine either. I am pretty sure these machines no longer exist but if I delete these machines they just pop up again a bit later. I can not seem to figure out how to get them out of our system. We look real far out of compliance with this issue. I have only been support our McAfee environment for about 6 months so I am also learning it all still as well. Any suggestions I am open for. I have attached a picture to show what I see.

Thank you in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andrep1
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 6

Re: Remove Old Machines from EPO 5.3.1

Jump to solution

Are you doing an active directory sync? It would explain it.

5 Replies

Jump to solution

Moved to Virus Scan Enterprise > Discussions > For better assistance.

Cliff Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
andrep1
Level 14
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Are you doing an active directory sync? It would explain it.

Troja
Level 14
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

How about Rogue System Detection or the Cloud Connector/Data Center Connector. Perhaps, is there any other Server Task active to Import Systems into the System Tree??

Jump to solution

I believe you are correct on the AD Sync. Yesterday I searched our AD for these computer names and nothing showed up. I must have done the search wrong or been half asleep. They were not there yesterday but are now today. I will clean up my AD and go from there. Thanks for making me re-check myself.

piosk
Level 7
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

just to be sure have to ask -

You searched for computer object ?