Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alberto
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Problems installing VSE 8.7 on windows 7

Greetings.

The problem I have is I can not install VSE 8.7 on windows 7. when I try to install it tells me I do not have administrator rights to install it, I can do or please explain how.

Thank you.

5 Replies
JeffGerard
Level 10
Message 2 of 6

Re: Problems installing VSE 8.7 on windows 7

Either push the install via ePO or if you are doing a manual install, right click on the setup executable and select "Run as administrator".

alberto
Level 7
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the help.

But try that and always gave me problems, disable the firewall and stopped defending but does not install the program.

Installation starts but then stops and gives an error, annex image.

thanks again for your help
JeffGerard
Level 10
Message 4 of 6

Unfortunately I don't understand the language in that screenshot.  I would suggest going through your McAfee support contacts to resolve this issue.

twenden
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 6

What patch level are you using for McAfee VirusScan 8.7i. You wan't to be using the package that has Patch 2 embedded as this is the one that fully suports Windows 7. There was a repost of VSE 8.7i last week that includes Patch 2 in the setup. Also, if you search the forum for "erro 1923" you will find that someone mentioned rebooting the computer when this error appears and then retrying the setupvse. This apparently worked for someone on a previous post.

alberto
Level 7
Message 6 of 6

This it is the content in the image that commands, pardon by the image in another language.

Product: McAfee VirusScan Enterprise  – Error 1923. It has not been possible to install the service McAfee McShield (McShield). Verify that it has privileges sufficient to install services of the system.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community