Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

Port 25 and Win10

Currently we have port 25 blocked for all our workstations. We have IRC Communications and mass mailings blocked. But I have just found out that this isn't applying to win10 machines. The are able to send email out port 25 on their machines. Win7 boxes are blocked. Anybody else see this?

8 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: Port 25 and Win10

Could you kindly elaborate more by providing the specific McAfee Product you are using? This will enable us to move this Discussion\Thread to a specific area for better exposure\assistance.

Thank you,

Cliff

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Highlighted
Level 11
Message 3 of 9

Ahh yes sorry, was in a hurry to get this out and move on to other stuff. We have McAfee 8.8 Patch 6. ePO 5.3.0 build 400.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Thank you   Moved from  Community Support to ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO > Discussions

On second thought I moved it from  ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) to VirusScan Enterprise > Discussions

Is this the correct Area?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Highlighted
Level 11
Message 5 of 9

yes thank you

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 9

You are most welcome Thank you for confirming.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 9

Do the windows 10 machines have patch 6 installed as well? Keep in mind, that if you had upgraded the Windows 10 machines to build 14393, you'll need Patch 8 in order for VSE to work correctly.

McAfee KnowledgeBase - VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.0 Patch 8 Release Notes

Highlighted
Level 11
Message 8 of 9

Well patch 6 supports windows 10, but I just ready that patch 7 supports win10 Threshold 2. Although patch 6 supports windows 10, is it really that buggy that it can't block ports specified by the agent? We are on Threshold 2 so I do see a upgrade in our future lol. I must have missed the support of Threshold 2 in the patch update emails. We are not on the anniversary edition yet. 

Thanks guys

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 9

Sorry for the late reply here, but have you confirmed that the policy assigned to the Windows 10 machines are correct? Also, if you're using Policy Assignment Rules, remember that they take precedence over all other policy assignments.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community