gupi
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Peculiar use for Viruscan Enterprise: file monitor

Jump to solution

Hello to you all

I would like to know if VSE can be used for the following scenario:

- in an enterprise there is some critical information, spreaded though varios files;

Let's suppose, as an example, that critical information is the word "fibula"

- users may create new files with critical information or access and modify existing ones

I would like to be alerted each time a file containing critical information is saved on the disk (local or network).

Of course, a trivial solution would be to search using the Windows tools, but this is rather a reactive solution, and I need a proactive one.

That's where I am thinking on VSE. Since VSE is already scanning every file (on access scan policy), is there a possibility to train it in order to log and send an alert to ePO if a certain file is found ?

It's just like adding text-search capabilities to VSE.

Please note that similar functionality already exists in Groupshield, where I can define search queries on mailboxes and/or messages in transit.

Thank you

Stefaniu Criste

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ulyses31
Level 16
Message 2 of 2

Re: Peculiar use for Viruscan Enterprise: file monitor

Jump to solution

Hi gupi, what you really need is McAfee Host Data Loss Prevention (DLP) because VSE cannot do what you want. DLP can monitor forbidden or critical contents and many other things

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ulyses31
Level 16
Message 2 of 2

Re: Peculiar use for Viruscan Enterprise: file monitor

Jump to solution

Hi gupi, what you really need is McAfee Host Data Loss Prevention (DLP) because VSE cannot do what you want. DLP can monitor forbidden or critical contents and many other things

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community