cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
topokin
Level 7

Pause or Stop Mcafee Services

I just installed VirusScan Enteprise 8.7.0i and observed that I cannot either stop or pause any of the Mcafee service, even when login as adminstrator.

How can I go about this?

Thanks
5 Replies
tonyb99
Level 13

RE: Pause or Stop Mcafee Services

disable the access protection rules from the console/access protection/ properties that are set to stop the macfee services being stopped/altered.

there are 3 rules under common standard protection and also an additional tick box at the bottom of the main screen
0 Kudos
topokin
Level 7

Thanks for the response, but I would have expected local administrator account be able to start/stop the services irrespectibe of the setting being enabled.
0 Kudos
tonyb99
Level 13

no....
0 Kudos
Medusoft
Level 7

the mcafee services protection is been build in the software to prevent local administrators from disabling the software. the reason for this is that an administrator could run a virus, which first tries to kill the mcshield, then install itself. it is a very good feature of virusscan that you simply need to get used to. if you disable the feature don't be surprised if on any moment you get infected happy
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Pause or Stop Mcafee Services

Marking this thread as 'Assumed Answered' and Locking it, as it is over 9 years old.

By

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos