cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path exclusions for drives that have been mounted but not assigned a drive letter

We have a backup process that mounts a SAN from a 3par to take a snapshot- I would like for these to be ignored in the mcafee VirusTotal scans, however the path that is showing up is non-windows in fashion and I am not sure how it would be entered- an example of a problematic filepath is below- \??\Volume{0f19c454-a144-11e9-80ff-1458d04e19e8}\E00063E8DE3.log\00012d72.js this is on a windows system so this file path doesn't make sense to me. Is is something unique to McAfee as to how it detects mounted but non drive letter provisioned drives? Please advise.
3 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Path exclusions for drives that have been mounted but not assigned a drive letter

Is this for ENS or VSE and what OS - windows, Linux or mac?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Re: Path exclusions for drives that have been mounted but not assigned a drive letter

OS- Windows, VSE. mistyped as VirusTotal in the prior post.

Assuming E00063E8DE3.log is actually a folder: Does this exclusion pattern work?

**\Volume{????????-????-????-????-????????????}\*.log\

Otherwise, is disabling scanning of network folders and/or backup files an option for you?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community