cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Patch 10 & Windows Security Centre

Jump to solution

On our PCs that are experiencing this issue, the workaround recently added to KB90221 appears to work for the current session. The Action Center message goes away, and the Defender tray shield with red x changes to green checkmark.

However, after a reboot, the Action Center message returns and the tray shield with red x returns.

Jump to solution

The posted workaround in KB90221 has actually worked on my device (even after reboots), but this has been the only success.  All other devices that I've tried the workaround on continue to get the Action Center popup.  We are running Windows 10 1607.

Also FYI...The KB lists the default path wrong for a default VSE install.

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\VirusScan Enterprise\  this should be  cd C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\

Thanks!

Jump to solution

After logging into my device this morning, I got the Action Center prompt again.  So the workaround doesn't seem to "work".

McAfee please advise!  Are you still actively working on a real fix for this?  We need to move to Windows 10 1709 and this issue with 8.8 P10 is holding us back.

Thanks!

McAfee Employee dmcgeary
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 14 of 19

Jump to solution

Greetings, 
It is correct that the workaround will help up until the system is rebooted. Then it would need to be applied again. 
As of today we have some positive results reported by customers who have tested a Proof of Concept build.  Currently we are at the point where the delivery vehicle for the solution is being determined.   
The best way to stay up-to-date will be to subscribe to KB90221.

hope that helps

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update!  I have already subscribed to KB90221, so hopefully a more permanent solution will be available soon.

McAfee Employee dmcgeary
McAfee Employee
Message 16 of 19

Jump to solution

Greetings, 

Wanted to get aheads up that the issue and solution were found too late to make it into  Patch 11.

Please subscribe to KB90221 for the latest information on how a fix will be released. 

Jump to solution

For some reason this topic is coming up as 'solved'.  But it's not really solved until there's a hotfix for Patch 11.

McAfee Employee dmcgeary
McAfee Employee
Message 18 of 19

Jump to solution

The reason the Topic is marked as Solved is becuase there is an answer provided.

Answer: For a curent status please see KB90221

Jump to solution

Ok, thank you.  I will subscribe to that KB.  It is now urgent that we have a fix for Patch 11 due to the release of SB10237 for CVE-2018-6674.

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.