Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mojo95
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

On demand scan (sched) starts at wrong time

Running enterprise 8.5i I have one user that continually has his on demnad scan start at 2:00p.m. when it is set for 5:00 a.m. Setting the scan for UTC or local does not have any effect on the 2:00 start up. So he has to kill the scan to do his work. Thoughts?
3 Replies
Grif
Level 10
Message 2 of 4

RE: On demand scan (sched) starts at wrong time

Sounds like a Windows clock issue.. You don't mention the operating system in question but if XP, make sure it's got all the Time Zone updates installed. Heck, make sure the clock is correctly set to the correct time zone in the first place.

Make sure the schedule in VS for the scan indicates "Local Time" NOT "UTC Time".

It's also important to have the most recent Patch #4 installed on VS 8.5i...

Hope this helps.

Grif
mojo95
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your reply Grif. The OS is XP SP2, patched, running 8.5.0i scan engine 5200.2160. The time zone is set to Pacific and the clock is correct. On Demand Scan is set to start at 5:00 am Local (Pacific) and tried UTC. Seems to start atound 2:00 pm
Grif
Level 10
Message 4 of 4

Nothing else comes to mind... But Just a thought.. Tried replacing the CMOS battery which will frequently cause problems with time and settings related issues?. Its a cheap test.

Hope this helps.

Grif