cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 13

Re: On-Demand/On-Access Scanning - Why would it cause a delay in attaching files?

Jump to solution

Yes this is the same link that I had found, but it is not just PDFs that are affected in my scenario and as you can see it is not just Lotus Notes that some users have had issues with.

The detail that I am interested in is why On-Demand when uninstalled or disabled also resolves the issue.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 12 of 13

Re: On-Demand/On-Access Scanning - Why would it cause a delay in attaching files?

Jump to solution

All I am really interested in is finding out what action On-Demand/On-Access are performing when selecting a file attachment to be placed in an email and why disabling On-Demand Service fixes the issue. Someone must know? This will give me direction for identifying the Root Cause of the issue.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 13 of 13

Jump to solution

It was suggested to perform the following action to determine the cause since as mentioned earlier in this feed that disabling On-Demand/On-Access resolved the issue. Also as mentioned this only occurs on our Windows XP machines.

=====================Registry Entries=======================================

Scanning when writing to disk is the issue.

bScanIncoming    DWORD   00000001(1)

set it to (0)

Disable the scanning of processes on enable.

ScanProcessesOnEnable    DWORD   00000001(1)

set it to (0)

Disable Buffer Overflow Protection.
BOPEnabled       DWORD   00000001(1)

set it to (0)

===========================================================

I was able to narrow down that it is only the bScanIncoming. When this is set to (0) it allows the attachments to have no delay when being selected.

We are currently waiting for a Server Change to test on a single Node.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community