cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-Access scan message every time I receive an email in outlook

Hi,

I just set it up my new laptop including McAffee anti-virus but now, every time I receive an email in Outlook, the On-Access Scan Messages window pops-up with a VirusScanAlert ,message. It always refer to some .tmp files located in C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\OBIOTMP_beehive\ directory. It says there is a Trojan detected and the Detected As field says JS/Redirector. Anybody knows what is this about and how I can get rid of / clean these intrusions so I do not get this window poped-up every time I receive an email?

Many thanks

5 Replies
Dinz
Level 16
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: On-Access scan message every time I receive an email in outlook

Hello Isantacana,

Could you please let us know if you are using Home version or the Enterprise version of McAfee programs . It would be great if you could post us with a screen shot of the pop up !

Regards,

Hi Dinesh,

Thanks for your reply. I'm using the Enterprise version of McAfee. I attach a file with a screenshot of the popup I get.

Many thanks again,

Lorenzo

Dinz
Level 16
Message 4 of 6

Well, you have posted in our Consumer section . No issues, I shall have this thread moved to our Enterprise section and our VSE experts would be soon here with you on this one.

Happy to help

Cheers,

Tristan
Level 15
Message 5 of 6

A quick google for "outlook" and "beehive" returns results relating to a product from Oracle.

Do you have the Outlook integration module for Oracle Beehive installed?

If so then this could potentially be a false positive detection, in which case the best course of action would be to raise a ticket with McAfee so that they can look at it.

Failing that would be to speak to your IT dept and get them to look at setting up exclusions for VSE as it's a 'Trusted Application'

Hi Tristan,

Yes, this is an outlookk extension from Oracle.

Ok, I will contact my It department to report the issue and see what they can do.

Thanks,

Lorenzo