Did you mean: 
sgrimmel
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 12

Re: On-Access Scanner and Large Folders

Jump to solution

Hi

Many thanks for your feedback. To be honest, this was an existing article that was updated on the basis of threads in the Community. However, we often do create articles using the threads from the Community. Apart from that the KnowledgeBase team uses input from all levels of support and engineering to provide the best and most up to date information where possible. Any feedback provided is always welcome and our goal is to share as much information as possible.

Regards

Highlighted
Mal09
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 12

Re: On-Access Scanner and Large Folders

Jump to solution

jase4867 wrote:

That may be the key. I just checked my settings again, and the scanner was set to scan inside archive files. If I have a ZIP file, and extract those files, wouldn't the scanner pick those up anyway? That being the case, I would think that it wouldn't be a necessity to scan inside the archive each time, if those files are going to be checked anyway upon extraction. Something I can play with.

Thanks for the help! This at least gives me more options to look at.

You're correct that upon extraction of files, McAfee will detect threats when they are launched (or saved to disk when extracted). OAS shouldn't be used for scanning inside archives, except in very high security situations. ODS scans is normally the appropriate place for this type of detection.

View solution in original post

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community