Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TTU
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

On-Access Scan at Startup

Hello.

I know this is may sound like a dumb question, but I'm relatively new to McAfee, so...

If I uncheck Enable on-access scanning at system startup, does that disable on-access scanning or just prevent a full system scan at startup?

Thanks.
3 Replies
gxl
Level 7
Message 2 of 4

RE: On-Access Scan at Startup

i think you are right . you can see you screen , in the right bottom . if you desable it ,the icon is a "disable" . in that case ,U are in danger . you can disable email scan ,if your hardware is not good (CPU is not good or memory is not good ). i think
Grif
Level 10
Message 3 of 4

RE: On-Access Scan at Startup

Unchecking "Enable On-Access scan at startup" will disable your background scanner so it does not run.. As mentioned by the other poster, it makes your computer vulnerable to downloadable viruses during normal operations.

A "Full system scan" is done by the adjusting the "On Demand/Scheduled Scan" settings.

Hope this helps.

Grif
Highlighted
TTU
Level 7
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for the help.

This does clear things up.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community