cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McDuff
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Old Client Update and Deployment Tasks Not Sent to VirusScan 8.8 Patch 8 on Win 10 Anniversary (1607)

Greetings,

I posted a similar question to this in another posting, so some of you may have already seen it.

Background:  I have a Windows 10 PC (build 1607, Anniversary Update) with McAfee Agent 4.8 patch 3 (4.8.0.1938) and VirusScan 8.8 patch 8, which according to this KB McAfee Corporate KB - REDIRECTED - McAfee Agent support for Windows 10 KB84916  are all supported on this build of Win 10.

Issue:  Existing product deployment and product update tasks (such as DAT and engine updates) assigned to my PC aren't being sent to my PC.  I don't see them as managed tasks within the VirusScan console.  However, if I create brand new deployment or brand new update tasks they are seen.  Note, editing an existing task or assignment does not help.    I don't have this issue with Win 7, all new installs get all of the existing deployment and update tasks.

Note, existing managed on demand scan scan tasks work fine.  Deployment and Update tasks are McAfee Agent, and On Demand Scan tasks are VirusScan.  So maybe this is an issue with tasks created with the old McAfee Agent extension?

Has anyone noticed this before?  I guess the workaround would be to re-create all deployment and update tasks.

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor tao
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Old Client Update and Deployment Tasks Not Sent to VirusScan 8.8 Patch 8 on Win 10 Anniversary (1607)

Known issue with 4.8 Patch 3 (4.8.0.1938) & WIN 10; open a SR, request 4.8.0 Patch 3 HF6 (4.8.0.2043). You may need to send them MER Logs OR IF your WIN10 are critical infrastructure systems, not able to pull MER logs due to the infrastrucure 😉 tell them so and they MAY send you the HF6 without the MER Logs. 

McAfee Agent 4.8.0 Patch 3 HF6 (RTS) addresses KB86502 & KB86509

McAfee Corporate KB - Version information for McAfee Agent 4.8.0 KB77534

KB86502: McAfee Agent incorrectly reports the number of installed CPUs on systems with large numbers of physical or virtual CPUs: McAfee Corporate KB - McAfee Agent incorrectly reports the number of installed CPUs on systems with ... Disregard the solution: This issue does not occur with MA 5.0.x. ... Unless you want to go to MA 5.ohhhhh

KB86509: Agent communication and policy enforcement failure occurs on McAfee Agent 4.8 after installing to Windows 10 when VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Patch 6 is already installed: McAfee Corporate KB - Agent communication and policy enforcement failure occurs on McAfee Agent 4.8 ... Disregard the solution: This issue does not occur with MA 5.0.x. ... Unless you want to go to MA 5.ohhhhh

4.8.0.2043/WIN 10 does correct the communication/policy issue while still providing all the functionality and features of the 4.8 agent - Not a big fan of the 5.ohhhhh agent ... it's a step backwards.

If this information was helpful or has answered your question, please select Accept as Solution. This will assist other memebers
McDuff
Level 10
Message 3 of 4

Re: Old Client Update and Deployment Tasks Not Sent to VirusScan 8.8 Patch 8 on Win 10 Anniversary (1607)

Excellent information, thank you!

Highlighted

If after duplicating a McAfee default policy (read only), making some changes, sending it to a single machine, and the policy arrives well to the final client, so it means the communication is established, either MA and VSE are working as they should.

furthermore, it means that during the last installation of the extension those old policies and tasks are now corrupt due to incorrect migrating process while ePO was installing the newest extension, so those policies/tasks do not have backwards compatibility any longer, and from here my best recommendation is to recreate them from the scratch.

Regards,

Wilfredo

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community