Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lohr
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

ODS Scan Freezes

Dear all,

I have an ODS scan on some computers which shows after a while no progress any more and halts in this directory: C:\Windows\winsxs\...

For example, one system stops at this file: c:\Windows\winsxs\x86_wwf-system.workflow.runtime_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_67224784fe4912e9

As that said, this happens only a small amount of hosts I would say around 1% of my hosts. All in all they are very different and no common attribute could be found.

Could you help me? I have seen some other users are having the probelm as well with winsxs folder, but so far no answer has been given.

Best regards,

lohr

4 Replies
lohr
Level 9
Message 2 of 5

Re: ODS Scan Freezes

Hi everybody,

has no one an idea?

Btw, it looks that all computers which are affected are stopping at exactly the same file.

Best regards,

lohr

You can check the filehash at https://isc.sans.edu/tools/hashsearch.html

Additionally check for infection at https://www.virustotal.com/

If ok you can set an exclusion or open a case at McAfee.

Regards Tom

If this happen after installing CSE 8.8P1 then there's a known issue where ODS freezes sometimes and a hotfix available:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB74926

lohr
Level 9
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for your help.

I have compared the file on one of the affected hosts with the file of mine PC, they are absolutely equal and the Hash is the same.

In addition to that I have also checked the link you have provided, ulyses31, we have not yet installed this hotfix but we have the 625756 running and if I understood the KB correctly they should be identical.

EDIT: The file path mentioned in the first post was not 100% correct (Copy/Paste error), it is that file:

C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_wwf-system.workflow.runtime_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_67224784fe4912e9\System.Workflow.Runtime.dll

Any other ideas?

Nachricht geändert durch lohr on 17.07.12 03:35:40 CDT
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community